Climber · Photographer
I was introduced to climbing at age seven in the suburban Midwest through youth climbing competitions. With some success at the national and international level, I was burnout by the end of high school, and practically gave up climbing going into college. Climbing needed to be remade in my life, but it took me several years to figure that out.
After graduating from school in Chicago, I moved back to my hometown of Indianapolis, Indiana, and started making regular trips to the Red River Gorge again. I was getting back in shape, enjoying the community again, and loving the time spent in the forested hills of Kentucky. But climbing was too similar to what it had been—a simple chasing of grades and rankings. My spirit seemed to want something more.
I finally found what I was looking for when I moved to Seattle, Washington, in 2015. The wildness of the Cascade Range became the perfect canvas for me to pursue creative expression in the mountains, through climbing and photography. Climbing has enabled me to live a free and inspired life. I aspire to be a well-rounded alpinist, but know I will always love free movement over rock the most.
I am a contributor to the stock agency, Tandem Stills + Motion, one of the leading image providers in genres of nature, travel, culture, adventure, and active lifestyle. Click here to view my page on their site.
- Live Free or Die! (5.12d, 400m), Liberty Bell, WA -- FA, 2017
- Liberty Crack (5.13b, 400m), Liberty Bell, WA -- 5th free-ascent, 2017
- Westie Face (5.13a, 300m), Leaning Tower, Yosemite, CA -- in-a-day, 2017
- Final Frontier (5.13b, 300m), Fifi Buttress, Yosemite, CA -- 2017
- Eye of the Tiger (5.12d, 300m), Supercave Wall, WA -- onsight, 2017
- Badman (5.14a), Smith Rock, OR -- 2017
- Pornification (5.14a), Little Si, WA -- 2017
- Aggro Monkey (5.13b), Smith Rock, OR -- onsight, 2017
- TPMV (5.12+/5.13a trad), Index, WA -- onsight, 2017